Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

qotd: When was the last time you were on an airplane? Where did you go? For me it's in negative one hour, going back to SFO after visiting Seattle for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was nice. It was great to see my Seattle friends again after a few months of exile.

I will be going straight to work from the airport. (Well, I'll be dropping my luggage off at home, since home is on the way to work from the BART station.) Hooray.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Flew back from Buffalo yesterday evening. Visiting my family for the holiday and taking the extra time off was very nice. Southwest's new boarding policy is actually pretty good.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

QofD: Round trip to LA last week.

As a follow-up, how do people make use of their air time? I generally have plenty of work to do, so my iPod is cranking and the computer busy until the battery dies. Then it's personal reading time. Lately, Delta has incorporated their failed Song Airlines planes into the regular fleet, with seat-back entertainment. Satellite TV always sucks on planes, but the movies and HBO shows are great for me, since I don't watch much TV. I've really enjoyed the ROME series.

Also, food is increasingly becoming a carry-on event, but vendors in airports SUCK! WTF? I travel first class a lot (via mileage upgrades), but when I'm in coach it really is the pits. No wonder air-rage is so bad!
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Reading, puzzles (worked on a cryptic crossword with M yesterday), talking to M, etc. Didn't take a computer, don't have an ipod. I did like whatever that airline was that had the satellite radio on it (Sirius, XM, one of them).
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

QOTD: Flying back to Calgary from ... somewhere in the states. I think it was Montana.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

This summer I flew to Seattle and back with layovers in Minneapolis. I don't like flying, but I like Seattle.

I am running on very little sleep. Lots of stuff to write for class. Gotta go.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

qotd: The last time I was on a plane I was coming back from Songfight LIVE in Santa Cruz with a layover in Denver. I got really drunk in the Denver airport. (well, I STARTED at the San Jose airport) Something happened...don't know what exactly...but my blood sugar dropped and I ended up fainting in the aisle on the way to the bathroom.

Next thing I remember was feeling really comfortable, the most comfortable I had ever felt on a plane. Yet, folks were bothering me and I just wanted them to leave me alone... then of course it all came back to me and I lifted myself in the closest available seat. Where a nice lady came and sat down next to me with a cup of orange juice. Which was the most amazing cup of orange juice I have ever had.

Roll Call: FREAKIN' BUSY HERE AT WORK...and Verizon is having issues in our area to top it all off.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

speaking of satellite TV... I was once on a flight...can't remember where to or anything, but while we were up in the sky... CNN's airline version was rolling away about this that and the other thing. Then a plane crashed (I think it was in Greece) and they started covering that crash 'exclusively'.

This went on for about a half hour before it mysteriously disappeared into the news black hole.

While I'm sure it was unnerving for some, I thought it was kinda funny.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Hoblit wrote:speaking of satellite TV... I was once on a flight...can't remember where to or anything, but while we were up in the sky... CNN's airline version was rolling away about this that and the other thing. Then a plane crashed (I think it was in Greece) and they started covering that crash 'exclusively'.

This went on for about a half hour before it mysteriously disappeared into the news black hole.

While I'm sure it was unnerving for some, I thought it was kinda funny.
I was on a flight last year and asked what the movie was... "Poseidon" she responded. I joked to the stewardesses "and you know what movie they're playing on the cruise ship?" which got us all going for a while, though they were sort of fake-laughing.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

yay i'm back at work but i think i picked up a nasty virus somewherebecause i feel like complete shit