The South.

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

This is why some folks in California are trying to set a ball in motion to amend the Constitution to change that restriction.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Now that the conversation has come full circle, are there any other questions? 8)
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Rockin-Oxen wrote:already mentioned but anyway: I thought this was hilarious. but it didnt have the same flair as maddox piece. so while funny it became unfunny the more facts that were rattled off. if you're going to be funny at least dont try and sound smart cause you'll sound like more of an ass.
Advice from you on humour? Now that's funny.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

jack shite wrote:this is fast turning into the best thread here :lol:

Now, by "here" do you mean in the politics and crap forum, or the whole shebang??

Perhaps we need a poll.....

My political thought of the day, (partially motivated and stemming from a pm conversation, and for some reason, thinking about 15-16 as I walk through town on my way to the music store), it occured to me in a lucid moment that every person I pass has opinions, and that one of the strengths of the internet is the fact that everyone's opinions have equal merit in presentation, as one can not physically intimidate, use body language, etc. You post, and possibly get read. I think J$ is correct, the real change in our world society is gonna be a result of people being able to join together with common interests or beliefs on the net... (as posted by him in a paraphrased way in the european overlords thread)

I also was struck by how much thought, opinion and potential great ideas are lost in person just cause people don't talk, or listen or both in person, but how on the net, expression is just... MORE EXPRESSIVE!

..I hope that all made some kind of sense....
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf wrote:
jack shite wrote:this is fast turning into the best thread here :lol:

it occured to me in a lucid moment that every person I pass has opinions, and that one of the strengths of the internet is the fact that everyone's opinions have equal merit in presentation, as one can not physically intimidate, use body language, etc...
I hate to be the guy who muddies up your moment of clarity... I don't belive that posting on the internet necessarily rules out intimidation or other factors that peers cause when stating an opinion. I think, just like the real world, one can find themselves articulating an opinion based on not offending certain other people...or a variety of other reasons to censor or mold a post into not being quite as pure as you described.

The glass is always half empty.
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

*breaks glass*

WHATCHOO GONNA GO ABOUT IT HUH

THOUGHT SO
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

ok ok I'm being idealistic....still, you don't get many people walking up to you and randomly pointing you to to cookingwithcum.com page in the real world for example... there IS a difference between internet communicaiton and real life, in it's anyominity...spelled different of course!\

However, ya ya you're kinda right, I'm being idealistic...it was a nice thought.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf wrote:ok ok I'm being idealistic....<b>still, you don't get many people walking up to you and randomly pointing you to to cookingwithcum.com page in the real world for example... there IS a difference between internet communicaiton and real life, in it's anyominity</b>...spelled different of course!\

However, ya ya you're kinda right, I'm being idealistic...it was a nice thought.
That is absolutely correct. Illustrating that is all the 'tough guys' on the internet who , like 15-16 up there, can fark you all up on the internet. In real life though, I could whoop 15-16's @$$, broken glass and all! We are all a little braver on the internet aren't we ? ! ?

/Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back movie where at the end they visit all of those brave souls who posted stuff about them on the internet
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Hoblit wrote: /Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back movie where at the end they visit all of those brave souls who posted stuff about them on the internet

oh yeah! That was freakin awesome!! ....cept I don't have a million dollars to spend on revenge just at the moment...

not that I actually have anything to revenge... who am I to critize a songfighter's diet anyway?

...ok, ok, I admit, while it was gross, it was also mindblowingly interesting, and I've ended up telling quite a few people about it, which completely contradicts what I 've just said.... I am the king of hypocrisy.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf wrote:
Hoblit wrote: /Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back movie where at the end they visit all of those brave souls who posted stuff about them on the internet

1. oh yeah! That was freakin awesome!! ....cept I don't have a million dollars to spend on revenge just at the moment...

2. ...ok, ok, I admit, while it was gross, it was also mindblowingly interesting, and I've ended up telling quite a few people about it, which completely contradicts what I 've just said.... I am the king of hypocrisy.
1. Yeah, that was hilarious.

2. I sent it to 6 different people in my office and 2 other friends. One of them a feminazi who said, and I quote " I am not even gonna open that " . Which, is pretty much why I sent it to her in the first place.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Leaf wrote: ...ok, ok, I admit, while it was gross, it was also mindblowingly interesting, and I've ended up telling quite a few people about it, which completely contradicts what I 've just said.... I am the king of hypocrisy.
yeah it's fascinating exactly because it is gross. And also because it's soooo stupid!

Actually, the only difference in this instance between real life and internet is I'd tell you about it if we met in a bar, but I'd get the address wrong, and you'd probably forget about it on the way home anyway.

No, not that kind of bar :)

j$
Freudian Slip
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Freudian Slip »

j$ wrote:
Leaf wrote: ...ok, ok, I admit, while it was gross, it was also mindblowingly interesting, and I've ended up telling quite a few people about it, which completely contradicts what I 've just said.... I am the king of hypocrisy.
yeah it's fascinating exactly because it is gross. And also because it's soooo stupid!

Actually, the only difference in this instance between real life and internet is I'd tell you about it if we met in a bar, but I'd get the address wrong, and you'd probably forget about it on the way home anyway.

No, not that kind of bar :)

j$
... hee. "Mindblow'ingly interesting. There's an apt description for cybersex. And --Yeah, I agree that the most fascinating aspect of that site was the fact that it was so gross AND the people there were SO serious about the topic at ...er... hand.

Anyway, read the topic at the beginning of this thread. "Funniest" thing about it for me was trying to figure out how they managed to fit the assault weapons in the glovebox.
How Do I Cuss Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...By Imalign N. Dickaboutsum
To Do Is To Be. --Socrates
To Be Is To Do. --Plato
DoBeDoBe, DoBeDo --Sinatra
I could 'see' you-- humming away (a few pill bottles on the sideboard)...But it just didn’t measure up to the insanity that is Freudian Slip...
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

Just to balance the previous blog with another.

http://reaganesque.blogspot.com/2004/11 ... -blue.html

How easy it is to make different angles say different things.
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
http://www.friedband.com
erik
Jump

Post by erik »

Weird, I thought it was still saying "Let's try and make correlations between voting records and morality"