Open source music collaboration

Organize yourselfs.
stateshirt
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: state shirt

Open source music collaboration

Post by stateshirt »

The music on my next album will be created entirely with user-submitted audio. It would be great if my fellow songfighters would want to get involved.

Several samples have already submitted, but a lot more audio will be needed to create an entire album. If you have any drumbeats, noises, guitar parts, a cappella vocals, accordian, part of a song you never finished, spoken words, etc that you would like to submit, please do so! Details are here:

::: http://www.stateshirt.com/collaborate/

Thanks! :)
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Open source music collaboration

Post by Mostess »

You, sir, are one of my favorites! I think I have some unused audio sleeping on my hard drive at home. Will try to remember to wake it up and send it packing to your place.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
stateshirt
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: state shirt

Post by stateshirt »

I've got a lot of great samples to work with so far, but I don't quite have enough to make a whole album worth of music. Anyone else want to submit some audio? :D

http://www.stateshirt.com/collaborate/
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street
Submitting as: The Weakest Suit, Test Week Hiatus, Observati, Alienboy, FAWMit, FACE, Epitaphs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by The Weakest Suit »

i have six instrumental guitar and bass songs that were originally recorded to a click track, so the timing is pretty good. i recorded them in '96 and never got around to putting the vocals on.
p.m. if interested.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

The Weakest Suit wrote:p.m. if interested.
I think it was an open invitation. I.e., he's interested. If you are too lazy to click your mouse...
Here's how to participate:
Send your original audio or music samples (can't be someone else's copyrighted material). Save it as a .WAV or .MP3 file and send it to me, along with your name so you can be credited. I'll find ways to incorporate all of these samples together into a State Shirt album. Being a musician is not required! Send as much audio as you like.

A few ways to send audio:

Email files to me:
Send files to stateshirt@stateshirt.com, or via yousendit.com.

ccMixter.org
Submit your files to ccMixter.org which will let everyone have access to your sounds. (Make sure to tag them with 'state shirt' so I know you'd like me to use them).

The State Shirt indietronic folkcore hotline. 1-800-576-1457.
If you'd like to be a part of the new album but you have no way of recording anything? Or you're not a musician? Leave me a message at 1-800-576-1457 with your phone-ified album contribution.

Thanks!
This page will be updated with contributor information and updates on the album.
-- ethan

All samples submitted will be licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

i wanna do this but i keep forgetting.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Ah, I am home sick today so I made you a sound. I hope it doesn't have germs on it. I added it to ccmixter (I do also want to support Victor) and tried to tag it "state_shirt" but it wouldn't let me. Dunno why. I also didn't see a check box for your project when I uploaded... maybe I'm missing something.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas