fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Scribblenauts

Post by fluffy »

I used the Necronomicon to turn the President into a zombie. Then I ran him over with a skateboard, and had Cthulhu fight a raptor. Cthulhu won.

Who else has this game?
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Re: Scribblenauts

Post by Denyer »

fluffy wrote:I used the Necronomicon to turn the President into a zombie. Then I ran him over with a skateboard, and had Cthulhu fight a raptor. Cthulhu won.

Who else has this game?
you are a violent man. I made a priest, a rabbi and sheikh ride sheep together. I'm not really excited by the writing things and having them come up but it is still a good puzzle game. even though the controls and the camera are shit.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

My gaming experiences rarely go beyond "Bejewelled Blitz" on Facebook - but this sounds very intriguing.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

I am so jealous. I need a DS. I want this game badly.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Denyer wrote:
fluffy wrote:I used the Necronomicon to turn the President into a zombie. Then I ran him over with a skateboard, and had Cthulhu fight a raptor. Cthulhu won.

Who else has this game?
you are a violent man. I made a priest, a rabbi and sheikh ride sheep together. I'm not really excited by the writing things and having them come up but it is still a good puzzle game. even though the controls and the camera are shit.
Yeah, it's amazing how badly they messed up the controls and camera. It's like, NO I moved the camera over there because I want to glue two fiddly things together, stop snapping back to my dude all the way across the level!

And of course stylus-based motion and selection leads to all sorts of obnoxiousness like it becoming difficult to select specific items or even move to places.

But it's still a hell of a lot of fun, even if I still can't figure out how to get past the damn tornado in world 1. (The obvious thing, "teleporter," just teleports you to an entirely different level, where you can meet the crew of 5th Cell.)
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

The tornado is a piece of piss compared to what's coming. Some of the action levels are like Vinnie Jones (well hard). 3-2 took me over and hour to get but that was mostly because Maxwell kept running into a tripwire and fucking it all up. I'm setting up an elaborate contraption on one side of the screen (with my thumb on the d-pad because of the stupid camera) and in he comes because I've touched an object and the game thinks I've touched empty space, or because I tried to walk over my contraption and accidentally picked it up, dropping Maxwell and the starite into lava, or because I've tried to walk over my contraption and Maxwell has jumped about over it like a maniac, kicking the starite into the lava. It's like they didn't test the game before they released it.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.