Feb 2 2014

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Lunkhead
Assistant
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Feb 2 2014

Post by Lunkhead »

Go super sports ball 58! WOOOOOOO! I hope one of the teams wins!

QOTD: Do you care about the Super Bowl?

EDIT:

Also, rest in peace Philip Seymour Hoffman, 46 years old, found in his apartment, dead of an apparent heroin overdose.

QOTD2: Have you or any of your loved ones been effected by addiction? It's a terrible problem that doesn't seem to be getting enough attention in the US. We seem to have a very unhealthy relationship with addictive substances in our (American) culture, with a lot of mixed messages that can be confusing and enabling to vulnerable people. I had and have several people close to me who have struggled with addiction, one who lost the battle, and others who found 12-step and recovery.
Tyler Zahnke
bono
bono
Instruments: keyboard and vocals
Recording Method: Audacity and the internal mic on my laptop
Submitting as: Tyler Zahnke

Re: Feb 2 2014

Post by Tyler Zahnke »

I love the Super Bowl. Go Seattle Seahawks! Super Bowl LXVIII will hopefully be like no other! Every year it gets better, you know.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

That would be another one of those silly little US-based games that no one else plays I suppose?

Have fun with that - let us know when you are ready to stop playing by yourselves and come join the rest of the world in real sporting competitions.
Paco Del Stinko
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I like the Super Bowl although I pay absolutely no attention to the weeks of silly hype prior to it. American football is a good game minus all the silly posturing and slo-mo would-be gladiator gods bullshit they tack on to it. Sports are a distant second to music and the arts for me.

Bummed and pissed about Hoffman. Great talent but an idiot for doing what he did. Working in psych wards for many years, I met thousands of drug addicts and alcoholics. I had a cousin who was a crack addict/alcoholic/prostitute. She died a few years ago in her early forties.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
Spud
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Spud »

Seawho? Ah, that's what that parade was about...
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Paco Del Stinko wrote: American football is a good game minus all the silly posturing and slo-mo would-be gladiator gods bullshit they tack on to it.
It is a good game. I had a PE teacher at school who taught us how to play and it was fun. Quite similar to Rugby League - but with forward passes, and you can smack blokes without the ball if you want.

But on the occasions they have shown US games on telly here - it is soooo slow and boring. Games seem to go for about 4 hours with only about 10 minutes of actual play. They are constantly stopping to measure stuff, or hug each other or swap players on and off the field. Shame. If they just got on with it and played - and kept the same blokes on the field for the whole game without having to swap 'offence' and 'defence' all the time, it would be a lot better. And they could probably lose the helmets and padding and crap too.

But what is the rule about tackling in American Football? I thought that it was similar to rugby league or union - if a bloke has the ball - you grab him and stop him. But I saw a little bit on the news recently where a bloke scored a touchdown in the recent superbowl, and he spun away from 2 blokes to get over the line (will find the clip on youtube later when I get the chance). WTF were those two defenders doing?!?! My grandmother could have down a better job - and she's been dead for 20 years. Aren't you allowed to use your arms or something? It looked pretty soft.