Brad Sucks on Australian radio

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Brad Sucks on Australian radio

Post by Caravan Ray »

Who is Brad Sucks? I've seen the name mentioned but I don't think he/she/they have posted since I've been here.

Anyway - if you are reading or somebody knows them - thought you might like to know that a Brad Sucks song was played this morning on Triple J Radio - a national radio network in Australia. I didn't actually hear the song - I just came in to hear the announcer back-announcing something about "...a guy who writes/records/produces his own stuff...check out his website...called 'Brad Sucks'...blah blah blah"

I assume this is the same Brad Sucks as in the songfight! artist archive - so, Go Songfighter!!
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Brad Sucks is the shiz-NIT.

http://www.bradsucks.net

CR, you should check his stuff out...it's quite fun and well written. His website is pretty cool too. He really got me into SongFight! though sadly, we don't see him fightin' much...

That's pretty wild news though. Cool!
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

brad sucks is also one of the board admins here.
Hi!
brad
A New Player

Post by brad »

Hey awesome! Someone sent me some tapes from Triple J a long time ago and it was pretty cool radio.
mc_mmn
A New Player

Post by mc_mmn »

Yeah Triple J have been playing I started a trend for a few weeks now - at good times too, i was listening to the 2004 new music program i heard it being played and it blew me out, and ive been maddly obbsessed listening to the album since then..

Ahhhhh!!! its so good it hurts!!!
mc_mmn
A New Player

Post by mc_mmn »

Triple J also has it's hottest 100 runnin at the mo, where anyone can vote for 10 of their choice from 2004 so you should all get on and vote for some brad!! The song list is pretty short thou, so ya have to write in the track name n everything.

You can vote at http://www.triplej.abc.net.au/hottest10 ... efault.htm

Does anybody know when MC frontalot dropped his demo?
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

I rarely listen to radio and I've heard brad three times. Superstar.
MintyHandy
Mean Street
Instruments: None
Recording Method: None

Post by MintyHandy »

Brad Sucks is an admin here? Crazy. I bought his album from Magnatune a while ago, still listen to it all the time. Then last week I discover this place, and start contributing. While unlikely given my talents (or lack thereof), the prospect of him becoming a fan of -my- music while I'm a fan of his is one of the weird things that makes the internet a wonderful place to waste time.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

MintyHandy wrote:Brad Sucks is an admin here? Crazy. I bought his album from Magnatune a while ago, still listen to it all the time. Then last week I discover this place, and start contributing.
admin? nah, I don't think so... He's way too 'nice' to be a heavy handed admin!

ANYWAYS...yeah, I've bought an album of his...it's getting me through some rough ole' times right now. My hands hurt typing this.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

well i think the confusion may stem from the fact that he's listed as a moderator for the "help and how to" section. this is just because brad is all about the collecting of helpful links and sticking them on his website, i believe.