ELO is on tour again! (A New World Record reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Pigfarmer Jr
DALL-E
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Re: ELO is on tour again! (A New World Record reviews)

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

jack wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 pm
I just want to say I think it's cool that 2/3 of the artists in this week's fight go back at least 20 years. It's nice to see people come back after a hiatus.
(I'm looking at you Redmons and BTM....)
First time I've felt 15 years wasn't enough. *blush* Seriously, that IS cool.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
jack
Stable Diffusion
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:05 pm
jack wrote:
I just want to say I think it's cool that 2/3 of the artists in this week's fight go back at least 20 years. It's nice to see people come back after a hiatus.
First time I've felt 15 years wasn't enough. *blush* Seriously, that IS cool.
15 years is pretty freaking good. Much respect. To all! Even the newer folks!
Hi!
Heather. Redmon.
Mixtral
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

jack wrote:
Hi Jack! It's been a while! I still have a quote from you in my signature. My kids are adults now so maybe I should update that! Time sure does march on. It's nice to be back!
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Phil. Redmon.
Mixtral
Instruments: guitars
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Abominominous, The Hell Yeahs, Spy Vs. Pie

Post by Phil. Redmon. »

Balls To Monte:I really enjoy not knowing where the chorus is going, chordally, there are 2 surprise chords for sure. Really love the drum fills toward the end. Really nice sound, very pleasant to listen to, and man you are really just singing the hell out of it. My only nitpick is ha ha i don't have any. This is a real deal.

Frankie Big Face: OK so I do enjoy when this song clogs up in the second half. BG vox all over, big synth, giant mystery distorto thuds. The guitar is so timis in the first half it just kills me. It does sound like you're having fun and is executed well, but i dunno, it's not GRAB grabbing me. I give it a solid three apples on the fruit scale.

The Hell Yeahs: 2024 is the year I learn to EQ you guys, i promise. We wanted to do something cute and fun & i think we did it, but I am supes bummed about this mix, especially up against these five Clear As A Bell songs. Oh what fun this was to record tho.

Pigfarmer Jr: Great bridge, and more importantly, great chord right before the bridge. Really moves the tune into the next dimension. Enjoy the tinks as well, xylo or adjacent, whatever it is. Sounds really good but idk there is a pounding monotony to the verse and chorus. Ha ha, every time i get to the bridge i am like oh hm is it redeemed? Maybe it is. Ha ha ugh and harumph! Maybe it's just the message rubbin' me wrong. Something's rubbin' me, buddy. I give it 4 banana stickers and a Cincinnati Bengals pencil topper.

Soft Rick: Man these keys are just JAMMIN'. I want the flange to back off just a little so i can hear 'em better but dang, the chordage, the rhythm! This one really grew on me. The first time I heard the chorus i giggled, but now i just get excited for it. The way you bend that NEWWW. It's great. Solid stuff. How long does it go after the fade out I wonder?

UJN X REVE: I mean, man, this song is for sure 100% For Your Consideration. It was my favorite of the bunch when I heard it squirtin' out of Heather's phone, but in my headphones I am just sitting in a bathtub of reverb! I really enjoy all the overtly electrical bits bzzin and poppin, vocal delivery is really evoking a vibe too. Guitar almost not quite nasty enuff? But overall, really delivers a vibe.

Well guys this is really comparing pinecones to corncobs but I think I gotta give it to Balls To Monte!

I LOVE SONG FIGHT AND I LOVE YOU
BoffoYux
Claude
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Post by BoffoYux »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 3:44 pm
RE: Same song… I can think of several instances in the past.
I wonder if there was a triple overlap with Nur Ein, ST and SongFight in the past. I know there were a few ST and SF ones. If it fits, it fits!
genecawley
Alpaca
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: Balls To Monte, The Go-Kups, & and the Angle Brackets, The Buttermilk Compleat

Post by genecawley »

Thank you again for all of the kind words. We're definitely hoping to do more of these very soon.
It's so great to hear all of these songs; they're so great. As corny as it sounds, it's incredibly inspiring.
"...and it ain’t a fit night out for man or beast!”
Pigfarmer Jr
DALL-E
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

BoffoYux wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:14 am
I wonder if there was a triple overlap with Nur Ein, ST and SongFight in the past. I know there were a few ST and SF ones. If it fits, it fits!
I can't remember a Nur Ein and a Spintunes happening at the same time. It's possible but I'm unaware of the instance. But then I became aware of both challenges well after they both began.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Lunkhead
Assistant
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

The Hell Yeahs stop Frankie from setting a new personal record of three wins in a row.
genecawley
Alpaca
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: Balls To Monte, The Go-Kups, & and the Angle Brackets, The Buttermilk Compleat

Post by genecawley »

Congrats to The Hell Yeahs. Totally deserved.
"...and it ain’t a fit night out for man or beast!”