Song Fight Presents in Pennsylvania- April 1, 2006

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Bjam
Grok
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Ooh, more people.

Also, we're all gonna be love and hugs at this SF event. No knocking out teeth, thankyouverymuch.
Songfighter since back in the day.
raisedbywolves
Alpaca

Post by raisedbywolves »

Argh. I'm sorry guys. I gotta drop out. I can't seem to get off this particular day. Everyone in my organization is on vacation apparently, so I hafta work. Please rock in an unholy-like fashion in my absence.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
Crates
Llama
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, alto saxophone, synth kits, vocals and beatbox
Recording Method: Ableton, Launchpad, Korg KP3, AT 2020, Yeti Blue, FL, Reason, Logic, Audacity, various instruments
Submitting as: MMMC / Guitarotica / SmaBoi

Post by Crates »

Bjam wrote:Ooh, more people.

Also, we're all gonna be love and hugs at this SF event. No knocking out teeth, thankyouverymuch.
Damn. Where's the fun in that?

Hey so anyways, can we have wolfsves's spot if he's not gonna come? And if so, can someone let us use their PA? And if so, does anyone know how to do a double attack or any other kind of post-production from the mic before hittin the PA?

Cuz see we've never really... done this. Before. I dunno, D used to be in a band of his own so he might have some gear we can use.

Oh, and it'd be cool if we could get in on some of that promo material action. Sexy, sexy promotional materials.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

Everyone will be using the same PA. We'll replace you guys with RxW if you want, what name do you want on the poster?

RxW: That totally sucks. If you have any free time that weekend, remember that Philly is just a 30 minute ride from Wayne ;)
Niveous
Gemini
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Hey, how many of you are staying overnight for the show? If so, where? (I still have to make arrangements)
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
WeaselSlayer
Grok
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I really need to figure that out, personally.
feldspar
Alpaca
Recording Method: Mostly gin

Post by feldspar »

I'll be staying at the <a href="http://www.motel6.com/reservations/mote ... 280">Motel 6</a> which Google Maps assures me is nearby.

I just don't know how I'm getting from the venue to the motel, though. Hopefully I can call a cab or hitch a ride with a benevolent songfighter?
Eric Y.
Grok

Post by Eric Y. »

we are spending the night...... somewhere.
all sources i've seen tell me that all hotels in the immediate area cost slightly more than i care to pay for the purpose of "place to crash a few hours from the middle of the night through time to head back home in the early a.m.", so chances are we will be starting towards home a little bit until we run into somewhere more wallet-friendly. granted, $70 a night is not a bad price for a hotel, but presumably there will be some flea-infested rathole along the turnpike for far less than that SOMEwhere.
a bebop a rebop
DeepMind

Post by a bebop a rebop »

I'm with that Luke kid.
Brick Pig
Llama
Instruments: Acoustic Guitar
Recording Method: M-Audio 410 into GarageBand (if I actually ever recorded anything)
Submitting as: Brick Pig

Post by Brick Pig »

Brick Pig wrote:
frankie big face wrote:
jack wrote:i won't be at this (but i hope to hear it at some point) but i'd love to hear frankie, stu, and brick pig do at least one song together. i'll bet it would be really good too.
How about "Tiny Room"? I can bring my fiddle (I promise to keep the volume down) and we can divvy up some harmony vocals. I'm hoping to get together with Bethany beforehand to rehearse some stuff so maybe we can work that out then.
I am amenable to any collaborative scenario anyone would like to propose. It's just the kind of guy I am....
So, will this be a part of my 15 minutes of fame, or will it be a part of the "TBA/Rock Out Compilation Time"? (I don't particularly have a preference one way or the other; I'm just planning my set.)
bz£
Claude

Post by bz£ »

A few things:

- Is there a practice place/time planned?

- Is there any equipment that y'all need that I should bring? I'm planning to drive with a mostly-empty car so it's no trouble to tote along a guitar or something. Surprisingly, the two or three pairs of drumsticks don't take up all that much room.

- Anyone want to split the drive and/or a hotel room? I figure I'll probably drive down on Friday afternoon and come back on Sunday. Most likely gonna go via Albany and Scranton, which is a bit longer but much easier, and I can fit a few people into my car if you aren't too far out of the way. Or scary.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

bzl wrote: - Is there a practice place/time planned?
Kindasortamaybe. We have the place from, I think, 3pm-11pm, but I'm wondering if we need more time. Maybe an extra two hours? 2pm-12am? Then we can all meet up for lunch somewhere and we can go to the venue as a whole or something. Only problem with that is that its more money out of my wallet, but if you need time to practice then we can get more time at the venue. And there are always hotel rooms, my house, outside the venue, and park benches for acoustic practicing.
bzl wrote: - Is there any equipment that y'all need that I should bring? I'm planning to drive with a mostly-empty car so it's no trouble to tote along a guitar or something. Surprisingly, the two or three pairs of drumsticks don't take up all that much room.
We should have guitars covered(we come from the land of a billion plastic backed guitars ;)) and everything else seems to be fitting together okay. (Of course if you want to bring your own guitar, feel free.) The only thing we'd like is if someone has some more big speakers. We have 2, but we'd like to have some monitors and stuff.

So yep. Any more questions? Only like... 3 weeks away now.
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

I might be able to bring a Peavey KB/A 100 (keyboard amp) for speaker but it's awfully big and heavy.
Let me know if we need it.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Eric Y.
Grok

Post by Eric Y. »

Bjam wrote:Maybe an extra two hours? 2pm-12am?
... Only problem with that is that its more money out of my wallet
if you don't mind me asking, what is this costing, in general? money's real tight these days (especially since asya just spent the weekend in the hospital and now can't return to work for about a month), but you shouldn't be expected to shoulder the entire burdon by yourself...
bjam wrote: ... (Of course if you want to bring your own guitar, feel free.)
... So yep. Any more questions?
yes: i am bringing my own bass, but i was wondering about amplification. what kind of set-up do you have planned in terms of a PA system? mostly i guess what i am wondering is, would you be able to accomodate me if i wanted to bring my own amp (actually a smallish 50W guitar amp) and stick it offstage with a microphone (i'd bring that too)? if this sounds like a problem, i could possibly alter my plans (but are you intending to have a bass amp onhand, in that case?)

oh yeah, and also, i have two 12" wedge floor monitors -- not sure if the stage area is big enough to worry about a monitor system or not though. but if you needed, i might possibly be able to just barely squeeze them in along with everything else. maybe.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

I'll let stueym answer the question about the PA system/amp/stuff that makes stuff sound loud as I have no idea what the hell we're bringing.

As for how much it is, it's not an amazingly huge amount of money. Under $3000, which is what the first place I looked at asked for. :P I don't mind shouldering some of the cost, as I don't have to spend hotel/gas money. But I probably will ask for some money to cover costs. There's a "$5 suggested donation" but I also happily accept money(however much you want to give me), dinner, hugs, small animals, and cute guys as forms of payment ;)
roymond
Gemini
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Brick Pig wrote:
Brick Pig wrote:
frankie big face wrote: How about "Tiny Room"? I can bring my fiddle (I promise to keep the volume down) and we can divvy up some harmony vocals. I'm hoping to get together with Bethany beforehand to rehearse some stuff so maybe we can work that out then.
I am amenable to any collaborative scenario anyone would like to propose. It's just the kind of guy I am....
So, will this be a part of my 15 minutes of fame, or will it be a part of the "TBA/Rock Out Compilation Time"? (I don't particularly have a preference one way or the other; I'm just planning my set.)
Dear Lord: if there is only one song recorded well at this event, please let it be this.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

Okay, Crates, you didn't tell me what name you want on the poster, soooo no name. We're gonna print some off tomorrow and put them around town. It'll be fun.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

Here are some things you should know.

Schedule:
Friday: If any of you are around Friday night and want to hang out, gimme a PM or call.

Saturday: From 9am onwards I’ll be up, but I’m at work from 10-4. I’ll probably be practicing my set, so if you want to swing by, feel free to. (I work 5 minutes from the venue)

Stueym will be around all day, whenever the venue is open, he’ll be there. So 3pm onwards(unless we end up booking for earlier).

3-7 is your rehearsal time.

7-11 is the show

Important things:
106 W. Lancaster Ave
Wayne , PA 19087
Map

[Please note, this is not in the big pretty church just a block away. It’s at the teeny tiny ‘modern’ looking church. If you’re standing at Rt 30 looking at the front of the church, you should see the Anthony Wayne Theatre behind you, and to the leftof you should be a side street. Go down this, and circle around the big building there. There’s a small parking lot on the right side of the street, this is where you wanna park. (There are parking spaces along the streets but some of these you have to pay for. But most are free after 6pm, just read the signs so you don’t get a ticket.) There’s also a little grassy alley alongside the church you can go down if you don’t want to circle all the way around. Basically it’s in the ‘back’ of the church. When you go in the doors(we’ll put a poster on the door) you want to go to the left down some steps, then you’ll be in the room. (Again, we’ll try and mark this, and we’ll probably put a sign on the front of the church telling you where to go) The room is simple, there's a bunch of chairs there, as well as some comfy couches. We have a little back room where you can practice/warm up/tune up before playing. ]

That was a lot of directions for ‘circle around to the back of the church and look for posters'…

My cell phone number. If you have a problem or whatever, just gimme a call.

It starts at 7pm, please try and get there on time.

The posters look kinda cool printed up.
Last edited by Bjam on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

thanks for the directions.
i printed a copy a while back and put it on my office door, not that anybody's likely to come up from work but people have asked me about it, anyway.
what is the place you work at?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

I work at this fancy pants kids store full of upper class slutty soccer moms and grandmas buying stuff for their overpriviledged kids ;) It's in a place called 'Spread Eagle Village'.
Niveous
Gemini
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Spread Eagle Village....I think I'm gonna like PA.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

This is what you'll see from Route 30, the front of the church.

This is the back, and where you wanna go. There's a door right there.

Posters in various places(including Quiznos!) and my friend Sydney who helped put them up.

Poster bonanza! Lots of people sound very interested so hopefully we'll have some people turn up. (And if not, there's always one another :P)