Santa Cruz Coupons & Discounts

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Santa Cruz Coupons & Discounts

Post by Plat »

Restaurants and attractions!
SBC has a promotion where you get a free Entertainment.com account, allowing you to print off 4 or more discounts, country-wide (including Santa Cruz). Coupons are mostly two-for-one or percent-off.
  1. Sign up for an account. You give them your name and e-mail address and a password. Your name might be on the printed coupons, so don't be cute! You can login without verifying your e-mail address.
  2. Use the site to find and print coupons near your location. You get 4 premium discounts per month, and they expire within two weeks of printing.
  3. If you ever want to come back to print more, you can log in here.
I didn't see any of the suggested restaurants on the Entertainment site, sadly. However, there are some deals within walking distance of Cayuga Vault (1100 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz, California).

50% off Food/Beverage orders at the Chill Out Cafe (up to $7 off)
2-for-1 Entree at Black China Bakery & Cafe (up to $9 off)
2-for-1 Lunch or Dinner Entree at The Crepe Place (up to $16 off)
Or 50% off admission at Santa Cruz Roller Palladium.
Why surf when you can roller-skate?

Of course, the deals aren't just limited to Santa Cruz. For example, you can get 2-for-1 admission to the Exploratorium in San Francisco.

Hope this is helpful. There's lots more discussion of the deal in the SlickDeals forums. Hopefully we don't put these guys out of business, and hopefully the food's good. I have no idea!
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Car Rental!

Post by Plat »

Car Rental!

If you're still looking to rent a car, the Fatwallet coupons/codes might come in handy. It's a huge list with a bunch of trial and error, but you might find something you like.

The other day, I ended up getting my 1-week SFO Airport compact-car rental from National for $152.40 including taxes/fees, which isn't amazing, but decent. I used both the contract code 5760339, and the $20-off-a-week E-Coupon (which I also printed off for proof). National lets you stack contract codes with coupons and rate codes, unlike other companies.

Other people have had luck getting cheap short-term pricing ($4-11/day plus fees) on better cars using Hotwire or Priceline.

Your mileage may vary of course, but what I love about car rental is that you can usually cancel/change your reservation without a fee, so it's easier to get a better deal later. Also don't forget that renting the car with your credit card could get you extra secondary insurance (e.g. to cover the loss-of-use clauses in rental contracts, and save you from buying a damage waiver).