August 28, 2007

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

August 28, 2007

Post by king_arthur »

Yesterday's grand accomplishment was to deliver eight more computer systems to Wesley Community Center, and then getting the rest of the systems we have here vacuumed out and the updated disk drives put back in and memory swapped around. I now have 20 computers stacked up in the living room, just waiting for modems to finish them up.

And then this morning I got email from somebody from church who has 20 "new" modems sitting at work that they're never going to use, so he's going to bring those to me, and I guess that settles the question of what I'll be doing the rest of the week. I've already pinged the downtown law office that has been supplying me with monitors to see if they have more they'd like to be rid of.

I've started reviewing the "Memphis" fight - I downloaded everything via the podcast and now I'm working through them in "file size" order... Wreckdom doesn't often do it for me, but this week they nailed it, great song...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Re: August 28, 2007

Post by roymond »

king_arthur wrote:Wreckdom doesn't often do it for me, but this week they nailed it, great song...
Just to sustain the mindless bickering in the current pre-fight thread, this kind of stuff doesn't happen in other places: King Arthur endorses Wreckdom! What next ... cats and dogs playing together?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Don't forget lizards falling from the sky!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Re: August 28, 2007

Post by king_arthur »

roymond wrote:
king_arthur wrote:Wreckdom doesn't often do it for me, but this week they nailed it, great song...
Just to sustain the mindless bickering in the current pre-fight thread, this kind of stuff doesn't happen in other places: King Arthur endorses Wreckdom! What next ... cats and dogs playing together?
Yeah, but I'm sure they alienated the rest of their fan base to pull it off :-)

There are actually several Wreckdom songs that made my list of keepers... and given how many fights I still haven't even listened to, that's not a bad average. Saint Peter, Switch Hitter, Big Success, The Wrong Girl, Blank Stare, A Promise is a Promise, Exclamation Point, Oh Britney, Say the Word and Gone Phishing all made my "keepers" lists...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Last night I attended the annual live draft for a Fantasy Football league I'm in. It's a keeper league, meaning we can hold over one player from the previous year's roster. All my players last year sucked. So I kept nobody, and received a compensation pick at the end of round 2. The league is a little weird, in that we must draft a specific number of players at each position. Here's the team I got:

1) Larry Johnson, RB, KC
2) Drew Brees, QB, NO
2a) Torry Holt, WR, STL
3) Willis McGahee, RB, BAL
4) Anquan Boldin, WR, ARI
5) Plaxico Burress, WR, NYG
6) Jamal Lewis, RB, CLE
7) Santana Moss, WR, WAS
8 ) Robbie Gould, K, CHI
9) Alge Crumpler, TE, ATL
10) Terry Glenn, WR, DAL
11) Pittsburgh team defense
12) Dallas Clark, TE, IND
13) Jay Cutler, QB, DEN
14) Philadelphia team defense
15) Olindo Mare, K, NO
16) LaMont Jordan, RB, OAK

Not terrible. I had a chance at Peyton Manning with the first pick, but I took the running back, and fortunately Brees was still on the board in the second round.

Today I'm at work. No show tonight. I'll be at an open mic tomorrow, and then playing shows right through Labor Day weekend.
roymond
Beat It
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I know very little about football and care less about it than I know. On a whim I joined a "pool" at work one year, then went on to win all but three weeks, plus the final two, and the over-all pot of gold. I picked teams by generally siding with animal names, and native american references. The guy who was trailing me the whole way, with whom I was almost tied going into the xmas vacation was a hard-core football fanatic who didn't appreciate my approach. I bought him a beer and all was well in the end. Also bought a 12 channel Mackie mixing board :)
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

roymond wrote:I know very little about football and care less about it than I know. On a whim I joined a "pool" at work one year, then went on to win all but three weeks, plus the final two, and the over-all pot of gold. I picked teams by generally siding with animal names, and native american references.
This reminds me of that commercial where the guys were wondering how these two women kept winning in the office pool. The scene cuts to them making their choices all based on colors and fashion.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

No Buffalo? Booo!

Actually roymond's story is much like me with the NCAA basketball. The first year I tried it I won, despite not watching a single game all year. The next year I came in last :)
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
roymond
Beat It

Post by roymond »

HeuristicsInc wrote:The next year I came in last :)
Know when to quit, my friend. I never played again. Dumb luck kissed me and I smiled.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Earthlink cuts 900 jobs:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home

Are you still employed, JB?