Charlton Heston Thread

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.

Favorite Charlton Heston flick?

Ben-Hur
10%
Planet of the Apes (or any sequel)
50%
Soylent Green
20%
The Omega Man
10%
The Ten Commandments
No votes
Touch of Evil
10%

Total votes: 10
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Charlton Heston Thread

Post by mkilly »

I watched Omega Man tonight. It's sure uh... dated. Anyway.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

my vote goes to Faranheit 911.

i mean bowling for columbine....
Last edited by jack on Mon May 30, 2005 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Weirdly I just finished reading 'I am Legend', log in and find this thread ... Charlton Heston is a doofus, so I go with Jack ... although I guess I could go for planet of the apes ... for the 'you blew it up' line ....

Also, i could be wrong but I've seen all the 'apes' films, and am pretty sure that Heston is only in the first sequel, Beneath, so 'or any sequel' is misleading ...

j$
Justincombustion
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums. Drums. Drums.
Recording Method: Whatever that stuff in Glenn's basement is.
Submitting as: HalfRacks, Drink/Drank/Drunk, Baby In the Corner, Chuck the Bear

Post by Justincombustion »

I'm picking the remake where Tim Burton tricked the NRA spokesman into playing a gun fearing monkey. Hey Charlie!! Ain't so fun on the other side of the gun, huh?

I don't like his movies as much as certain lines like "Ittt's PEEEEEEOPLE!!!" or of course the damn dirty ape hands line is classic.
"When you can balance a tack-hammer on your head; you can then head off you opponent with a balanced attack!"
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro on a clapped out Mac, or Studio One on PC
Submitting as: Kamakura
Pronouns: he/him/idiot

Post by Kamakura »

j$ wrote:I could be wrong but I've seen all the 'apes' films, and am pretty sure that Heston is only in the first sequel, Beneath, so 'or any sequel' is misleading ...j$
Since the thread is about Charlon Heston, surely 'any sequel' must refer to the sequels he was in and is thus not misleading :wink:
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

"Planet of the Apes (or any sequel)" accurately states that there are more than one film that tells this particular story, but it also implies, given its place at the top of a thread that is about Charlton Heston's acting, that it refers to any 'Apes' film that Charlton Heston featured in. Since he only appeared in the sequel, it is misleading.

Also, I am led to believe that in its 'correct' usage, in this context the word 'sequel' should only be used in reference to the first film that follows the original, and continues the story.

If it read "Planet of the Apes (or its sequel)" then it would be fine.

Ya-boo sucks to you ;)

j$
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

j$ wrote:Weirdly I just finished reading 'I am Legend', log in and find this thread ... Charlton Heston is a doofus, so I go with Jack ... although I guess I could go for planet of the apes ... for the 'you blew it up' line ....

Also, i could be wrong but I've seen all the 'apes' films, and am pretty sure that Heston is only in the first sequel, Beneath, so 'or any sequel' is misleading ...

j$
Matheson rocks! Anyhow, while he acted in #s 1 & 2, I think he showed up in recycled footage in some of the later ones (memories, etc.). Could be wrong. And let's not forget him in the remake of POTA, too :wink:

But what I really want to know is what day was Soylent Orange day? Love your pets. They're yummy, heh.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
mkilly
Ice Cream Man

Post by mkilly »

jack wrote:my vote goes to Faranheit 911.

Anticipating that joke, I put it as one of the options. But I guess I didn't save it after I'd added it, figuring that posting the topic would both save the poll options and post.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Was he in F911? I remember him in Bowling For Columbine, and he was awesome in that.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

jimtyrrell wrote:Was he in F911? I remember him in Bowling For Columbine, and he was awesome in that.
i stand corrected. right director. wrong movie. :)
Hi!
mkilly
Ice Cream Man

Post by mkilly »

Hey, we both got it wrong. :P
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

What about Julius Caesar?
Let cake eat them.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Kamakura wrote:
j$ wrote:I could be wrong but I've seen all the 'apes' films, and am pretty sure that Heston is only in the first sequel, Beneath, so 'or any sequel' is misleading ...j$
Since the thread is about Charlon Heston, surely 'any sequel' must refer to the sequels he was in and is thus not misleading :wink:
I can't for the life of me imagine there's someone on this forum who thinks [Noun] [to|of|for] the Planet of the Apes was better than the original, so I imagine it's all moot.
(It's ASL for "cow".)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

"Planet of the Apes" is the best movie that ANYONE has ever been in. Full stop.

...although it has always bothered me that the Planet of the Apes seemed only to be inhabited by chipamzees, gorillas and orang-utans. Where were the gibbons? There should have been gibbons. And bonobos. Pound-for-pound, bonobos have he largest genitalia of all primates. There definitely should have been bonobos. Bonobos are also the only animals besides man and dolphins which have sex purely for recreational purposes. The have sex virtually non-stop. I'd like to see a movie of "Planet of the Bonobos". That would be hot.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man

Post by mkilly »

Caravan Ray wrote:"Planet of the Apes" is the best movie that ANYONE has ever been in. Full stop.

...although it has always bothered me that the Planet of the Apes seemed only to be inhabited by chipamzees, gorillas and orang-utans. Where were the gibbons? There should have been gibbons. And bonobos. Pound-for-pound, bonobos have he largest genitalia of all primates. There definitely should have been bonobos. Bonobos are also the only animals besides man and dolphins which have sex purely for recreational purposes. The have sex virtually non-stop. I'd like to see a movie of "Planet of the Bonobos". That would be hot.
Bonobos have larger genitalia than humans?
mico saudad
Mean Street

Post by mico saudad »

It's pretty difficult to do but Bonobos make humans look like innocent prepubescent virgins.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

mkilly wrote:
Caravan Ray wrote:"Planet of the Apes" is the best movie that ANYONE has ever been in. Full stop.

Bonobos have larger genitalia than humans?
Some humans.

How does "Bonobo Ray" sound?