Instruments: Omnichord, vocals
Recording Method: ZOOM, GarageBand
Submitting as: Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost, Virgo Power
Pronouns: she/her

Spintunes is coming back August 24th, yo

Post by arby »

:!: got an email from Micah:
Hello SpinTunes alumni and friends!

Micah here, telling you to tune your guitars, oil your trumpet valves, renew your DAW licenses, and start doing those vocal warmups again - because SpinTunes 23 will be happening from August 24 to October 28, 2024.

The four-round tournament for songwriters and musicians is a chance for you to flex your creative muscles, connect with the friendly SpinTunes community, and get thoughtful feedback from our panel of judges, and not least of all, to create and hear some great music!

All the info about the schedule, rules, and signing up can be found on the SpinTunes blog. Start here: https://spintunescontest.blogspot.com/2 ... es-23.html

If you've been a regular SpinTunes participant, I hope you'll continue by joining this tournament! If it's been a while since you competed, I hope you'll consider returning to see how the tournament and the community have changed and how they've stayed the same. If last time was your first time, I hope you'll be back for seconds.

And if you know a musician who you think would enjoy participating in SpinTunes, let them know about it! Forward them this email or send them over to the blog. New voices keep the tournament exciting, and previous participants make the best SpinTunes ambassadors.

If you have any questions about the upcoming tournament, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope you'll head over to the blog at https://spintunescontest.blogspot.com/2 ... -form.html to put your hat in the ring!
"That organ is piercing my soul" - Adam Adamant
"Lo-fi doom rock isn't my bag at all. I'm trying to imagine this with professional production and played/sung perfectly and I don't think I'd like it much more." - furrypedro
MicahSommer
DeepMind
Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

Re: Spintunes is coming back August 24th, yo

Post by MicahSommer »

It's true, SpinTunes 23 is indeed starting on August 24! We've had a lot of Song Fight regulars join in recently, which is awesome. If you've been part of SpinTunes before, I hope you will join again. If you haven't, I hope you'll join for the first time!

SpinTunes is a little bit like a gentler, slower-paced Nur Ein. It takes place over four rounds, and in each round you have nine days to write and record a new song in response to the challenge prompt. Unlike in Nur Ein, you get a break between rounds while the judges write their reviews and formulate their rankings.

You do need to sign up before the start of the tournament to participate. You can find a link to the sign up form, as well as the full rules and schedule, at this blog post.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about SpinTunes, and I hope to hear your new music soon!
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni