May 31, 2007

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Heather. Redmon.
Mixtral
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

May 31, 2007

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

I had a pretty relaxing night last night after the kids went to bed. I watched HGTV, played some silly Flash game on my computer and just hung out (by myself). I feel terrible saying that since Phil had such a horrible night at work... I'll let him tell you about it.

I'm not trying to get everyone to reveal their ages or anything, so don't answer if you don't want to...

QotD: Who was President (or leader if not from the US) when you were born?

Richard Nixon was in office for 4 months after I was born, then Ford took over.

Man, that makes me feel kinda old saying Nixon was President when I was born, but it makes it pretty easy to figure out how old I am!
Last edited by Heather. Redmon. on Thu May 31, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Sheail
Alpaca
Instruments: Guitars, keys
Submitting as: Idle Susan, Sheail, Mother Funker
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sheail »

Mrs Thatcher! What a woman. Makes Hilary C look like a small inoffensive puppy.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

I was up at 3am. My son left his alarm clock set AGAIN. Went for a before-work walk, got a bagel and coffee, and here I am.

I was on board for most of Nixon's reign. I was born 4/20/69, three months to the day before the moon landing.

So - was anyone here born in the US on 3/30/81? We got any Alexander Haig babies in the house? :lol:
Niveous
Gemini
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Hurt my ankle yesterday while searching for my kids' toys that the snotnosed neighbor kid's cousin tossed all over the yard. :x

It's my estranged music partner Lucidia's birthday. Happy birthday to Miss New Booty.

It's a Nur Ein results day and I think it's gonna be interesting.

Tomorrow is my trip and i'm psyched but I'm worried about travelling with my guitar.

Found out that my song a day blog 10kdays got noticed by 4AD records when I brought up their band, Blonde Redhead. :) :!:

I was born with Carter in office.
Last edited by Niveous on Thu May 31, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Paco Del Stinko
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I was born May 21, 1966. Johnson was in office. So until a couple of respected elders show up here, I'll be the old guy. I remember watching Nixon resign on TV, though I didn't understand it past being told it was a big deal. (Jim T: I was at a friends camp in Belmont, NH.) Ford was the first president I remember 'doing stuff'.

Today, I fear, is the day I get asked to depart the Nur Ein choo-choo at the next station. As Bob Planet sang: Na-na-na-na-na noo...bodys fault...but mine.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
king_arthur
Grok
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

President when I was born: Harry "The Mad Bomber" Truman.

Dog is back from a long (and expensive) day at the vet yesterday, but it appears her only problem is some rawhide (or something) that's taking its time moving through her system. Suburban is back from having the OnStar upgraded to digital. Church songbooks are just about ready to print. Other than that, though, yesterday wasn't particularly productive.

No progress yesterday on Sugar Shaker, but I'm gonna try to get back to it today, lyric tweaking and vocal tracking being the main improvements required at the moment. Some other recording in the pipeline as well: doing guy & guitar demos of the new songs (and some of the old ones I never got around to) in the new church songbook so that if I have to sub for the regular leader I know how the songs go...

Morning will be mom's water therapy class and maybe out to lunch (the class gets really small when summer arrives and people go "back home" or up to their summer homes in the north, so if nobody else is doing lunch, we just go back to her house and hang out there). Afternoon, I'll probably try to get a headstart on housecleaning or look over the grocery ads. The foster dog gets dropped off at the vet tomorrow morning for neutering.

Weekend plans: our church youth group is having a "lock-in" Friday night to Saturday morning, and I volunteered to be one of the irresponsible adults. Officially, I have the 4 am - 6 am shift, but I'll probably just go hang out and take pictures all evening. If I can just stay awake 'til about ten p.m., I can probably make it to the morning...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
The Weakest Suit
Mixtral
Submitting as: The Weakest Suit, Test Week Hiatus, Observati, Alienboy, FAWMit, FACE, Epitaphs

Post by The Weakest Suit »

Last edited by The Weakest Suit on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paco Del Stinko
Stable Diffusion

Thanks for showing up, KA! (snort)

Niveous - I don't know how you're traveling, but I once put my favorite electric on board a Greyhound bus from Boston to Colorado. This was a long time ago, and both my paranoia and general distrust have increased over the years, so I doubt I would ever do something like that again. Still have the guitar after nearly 25 years though. ('71 Stratocaster)
Niveous
Gemini

Post by Niveous »

I'm flying.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
LMNOP
Alpaca

Post by LMNOP »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:So until a couple of respected elders show up here, I'll be the old guy. I remember watching Nixon resign on TV...
Paco, you young punk, you. I hit the narrow slice of JFK's presidency. And "NIXON RESIGNS" was the biggest headline I delivered in my many years as a paperboy.
Ross
DALL-E
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Ross »

LBJ, but I'm not quite as old as Paco.
"I don't like this song, but at least it's good." - veGetar Ianra Ge
http://www.rossdurandmusic.com
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

It was Nixon!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
mkilly
Grok
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

reagan 8)
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Reist
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

Honestly, I don't know who was president when I was born, but I know that Jean Cretien was Prime Minister of Canada!
Niveous
Gemini

Post by Niveous »

jolly roger wrote:Honestly, I don't know who was president when I was born, but I know that Jean Cretien was Prime Minister of Canada!
President Clinton. His stay was from 1993-2001. Chretien's stay was from 1993-2003. So unless you're really really young, it was Clinton.
Last edited by Niveous on Thu May 31, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Rabid Garfunkel
DALL-E
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Thanks Jim (I had no idea who was pres in '69, and was too lazy to look it up, as I'm really enjoying procrastinating going to work by watching my fiancee sleeping in my bed right now...)!

This portion should really go in the "Drunk" thread, but last night/this morning had a good ol' time at the bar getting her introduced to the priest-guy who's doing the deed for us (p++'s drummer from the SF West Coast Tour). If there was liquid in a container, it got drunk. (Body count, in order of initial consumption: wine, vodka, tequila, ouzo, beer, whiskey.) And a good time was had by all.

Update: She's just awoken and been fed coffee. Quote: "Jee-zus Christ, it must have been the tequila." :lol:
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
bwell
Alpaca
Instruments: guitar, piano, bass, mandolin
Submitting as: The BeWells

Re: May 31, 2007

Post by bwell »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:QotD: Who was President (or leader if not from the US) when you were born?
Nixon was President on April Fool's Day in 1971 when I was born.
Now it's back to work and trying to come up with another Nur Ein song.
Paco Del Stinko
Stable Diffusion

LMNOP, that is too cool. Even cooler would be if you still had a copy of the paper.

I have no idea who the PM of Canadia was when I was born, but I'll always remember Maggie Trudeau!
mr_lostman
Alpaca

Post by mr_lostman »

Reagan was president at my birth and I'm fairly sad i missed it. (JR you are way young... i mean .... Clinton? you know that was the most recent president outside Bush? but I guess Reagan wasn't too far back either in comparison to LBJ and such)

Anyway today i continue my internship in the engineering work force. Drawin up stuff on the AUTOCad... that won't mean anything to most of you but to those who do know... it will just bring bad thoughts to mind. I swear every time i close my eyes i see the damned autocad screen.

But you know i can't complain too much, they are willing to pay me to do this and i wouldn't be doing anything better with this time. :lol:

Maybe I'll be droppin by this neck of the forums more often now, its a welcome distraction. :)
"I can't hear a thing,
'cause I've stopped listening!"
-BNL
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Sheail wrote:Mrs Thatcher!
Oh yeah, I meant to mention this. She was the commencement speaker at my Masters graduation. She had this ceremonial position at William & Mary so she was invited to speak. Good speech.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I was born during the very brief Prime Ministership of Harold "All the way with LBJ" Holt. The most Aussie of all the Prime Ministers, HH was a surfer dude and ladies man, loved getting about in his budgie smugglers. The only PM to "go missing" while in office - and never be found again. Did he simply drown doing something really dumb - or did he rendevous with a Chinese sumbarine? Only big Harold knows the truth.
himynameisntmark
Alpaca
Instruments: Bass.
Recording Method: GarageBand
Submitting as: Maggie Kanuka

Post by himynameisntmark »

Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister of Canada when I was born. I feel old now