The Song Fight Radio Semi-Hour Shared With Other Things Show

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

The Song Fight Radio Semi-Hour Shared With Other Things Show

Post by sparks »

As I said sometime last year, I'm starting a campus radio show that will be hosting a lot of SF and SomeSongs stuff. I'd like to take this moment to satisfy my moral reservations.

If you *don't* want your songs played on a radio station where about 20 people might hear them via AM radio and webcast, then you have to tell me. I won't go through the trouble of mentioning all the names of all the people who are getting played, because it will vary. But! Here's your chance. If you want your songs played on the internet, but not on this webcast, well, you'd better tell me. So uh, yeah.

Webcast available at wmbc.umbc.edu. Show ("Auntie's Operation") airs 10pm-11pm Thursdays starting (unless I tell you otherwise) this Thursday.

(EDIT: I lied, I'll post the playlists so those involved can dispute the matter, I guess. I don't like making it easy for you though.)

01. Intro (Clip from "Auntie's Operation" by the Coral)
02. Rocky Horror Picture Show - Sweet Transvestite
03. M - Belleville Rendez-Vous (French version)
04. The Pixies - Nimrod's Son (live, radio edit)
05. Self - Baby, Can You Dig Your Man?
06. SS - Add - Let it All Burn
07. SS - Doug Cheatwood - Oedipus Rex
08. SS - Future Boy - Folk Tale
09. SS - MC Frontalot - Start Over
10. SS - Jonathan Mann - Lizard Wizard (Mario Opera)
11. SS - Jonathan Mann - Freakout (Mario Opera)
12. SF - Frankie Big Face - Locked Box
13. SF - Octothorpe - Skyline (live)
14. SF - Puce - The Pawnbroker's Stepdaugher
15. SF - The Shortcakes - Black Hole

This is just the CD I'm taking with me, so not all songs will necessarily be played, but I'll try to get the SF and SS stuff in. Give me a line if you don't want yours played. Thanks! Webcast is available at wmbc.umbc.edu, by the way--10pm Thursdays.

Re-Edit: Direct link for the stream is http://wmbc.umbc.edu/mp3link.pls if you're interested. 10pm EST tonight.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

If you guys have songs you think should be played, post them (with some reservation in terms of quantity) and I'll give them a listen.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

I think you said I probably wouldn't be able to tune in to the actual airing? I don't even see the frequency on that page :) I'm going out for St. Patrick's Day celebration tonight, but if I'm home in time I'll try to tune in. It would be cool to hear something of mine on radiowaves. That is, if you're going to play my stuff anytime :)
Do you think your station would want a CD of instrumental electronic from a local artist?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

They wouldn't turn it down, I'm pretty sure. But be warned our average audience is in the one-to-two dozen range, then tacking on those who are tuned into channel 2 of the campus cable setup.

We lost our AM license a while back and are trying to get the money up for a new one. Most of our listeners have always been in webcast anyway, from what I understand--so yeah, it's 560AM in the b'more area, but you won't find it there. :) Check out the webcast.

There I go, getting your hopes up that it'll be on the -real- radio. Har har! Maybe we'll get that license soon, though. Like I said, send in your CD if you want, they'll probably put it on their rotation. We do get listeners--I'd say 10-25 people at a given moment is probably pretty average for a campus station, especially a branch campus (if you can call UMBC that).

Listen in, though, you might have some fun. Or not, I make no promises!
MalachiConstant
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by MalachiConstant »

Great show, Sparks. Don't let those indie jerks tell you what to play. (and keep playing Puce.)
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Oh yeah. Next week the FCC warning comes in a robot voice. So get all "geared up" for it. Get it? Geared? Get it?

And if you want to talk during the show, WMBC has an in-browser IRC thing on their site. I can't see the regular room because linux confuses and frightens me, so get on there if you want to chat.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

i caught the last 20 minutes, and chatted a bit. fun time.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

("locked box" was not a SF song)
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Say, you're right. I could've sworn that was one of the titles during my "gone" phase. Not to mention it sounds more like a SF title than a normal song title.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Show is not on this week, station's down for Spring Break. I'll post the playlist for next week sometime soon.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Show's on for tonight. Playlist will include MC Frontalot, Brad Sucks, Frankie, the JBB, Doctor Worm, and others. Also I promised to do the FCC warning in my robot voice, so we'll see.

10pm EST

Webcast at http://broadcast.umbc.edu:8000/wmbc-hifi

wmbc.umbc.edu

Pop in the IRC room there during the show, they've got a web client on the page.