Hello? May I speak to the Zero to Phantom Reviews?

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
creep
Llama

Post by creep »

Well, congrats anyways. And stop being so damn humble.....DEFEND your music. If you honestly say you don't know where those votes came from, i trust you. Now, if you didn't say anything..then i'd be wondering. But since this is LEGIT....enjoy. And as far as the casio thing goes...i was just trying to stir up some trouble. You were nice enough to send me a message the other day...so i take my comments back, i didn't know it was you. But stirring up some of these people is fun...they enjoy doing it to me too. Peace
America....what's the word?
jack
Stable Diffusion
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

i make no apologies. many people are aware of this. it often gets me in trouble. like now.
Hi!
Poor June
Claude

Post by Poor June »

even though i was probably that one song :'( haha...

but yea it's really strange... but i don't figure you'd do anything like that... specially for somethin' that doesn't even come close to one of your better songs...

but who knows maybe we had a lot of visitors that thought... what a cool name... haha :-) or mistook ironclef for wyclef without listenin'...

ya never know... i'm just messin' with ya... i think it's cool... atleast it wasn't a nooby with a really really crappy track... or my song O_o i would've probably been pissed if this song would've been my winning one... ehhh...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Hoblit
Stable Diffusion
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

nah, someone clearly flooded his vote without his knowledge. Probably for a purpose. Jack isn't just bein' humble... I think we can all agree (including Jack himself) that his song did not deserve the win. Whoever got it to win had some reason for doing so. I have my suspicions on who and why. I'll let it go at that but Jack is just trying to make sure ya'll understand that HE didn't intend for any of this madness.
tonetripper
Mixtral
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

Hoblit wrote: Whoever got it to win had some reason for doing so. I have my suspicions on who and why.
I don't know, but whatever the reasons, and this is not against you Jack, I think it's lame. There were much better songs and I know I've heard way better from the Shite Master. Congrats on the questionable win Jack, I guess. :roll:
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

You know, they've done studies on the wine-buying habits of the general public, and they found that the one driving factor in people's purchase choices is ... the label. Got a cool-looking label? You'll sell more wine.
The Iron Clef is by far the best band name in the fight.
If one were to vote for the best name, that's who I'd vote for :)
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
tonetripper
Mixtral
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx

Post by tonetripper »

No disputin the band name. Sounds like a super-hero or something. Like a pseudo Iron Man with a hell of a chin. 8)
Freudian Slip
Llama

Post by Freudian Slip »

My two cents out of a dollar, for whatever that's worth:

Anyone who's been around long enough to get a feel for the players, would know only too well that Jack Shite would NEVER "stack" votes. I was as baffled over the results as I'm sure Jack is-- or *I*, myself, would be if I'd "win" one. (Yeah-- that'd happen.) :roll:

<edit> Just so there are no misconstruezels, I thought the "Iron Clef" song was kinda cool--and the name "Iron Clef" totally rocks. (Label coming soon to a wine list near you...heh) I just thought there were better constructed songs in the offing this week. My opinion-- and you know what they say about those-- whatever. Course, not only did I not get around to doing reviews, I sorta missed the whole "voting" thing, too.</edit>

I would also tend to agree that Jack's had much better tracks up, such as "Third String" and "So Many Possibilities" beingthe first two I can think of offhand. Yet, there are also the variables of who you happen to be going up against in any given week. Never knowing just what might happen next IS part of the ultimate joy-- at least for me. Thinking about it, potential outcomes are an integral part of the nature of the beast, eh? (Lookit last week, for example, when it was Glenn's turn to be puzzled. Or -- The time when the JoS win got hijacked by that Brice fellow<shugs>. Poop happens. Wipe, flush, move on. (Well, as soon as the new titles are posted, leastways).
:wink:

Lots of really good songs this week, BTW. (Even if I was a non-reviewing slacker-- spank me very much)
Last edited by Freudian Slip on Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Do Is To Be. --Socrates
To Be Is To Do. --Plato
DoBeDoBe, DoBeDo --Sinatra
I could 'see' you-- humming away (a few pill bottles on the sideboard)...But it just didn’t measure up to the insanity that is Freudian Slip...
Jim of Seattle
Grok
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Fightmaster: Your blurb states that drew came in third for the old guard, but it looks like Drew was fourth, The Befores were third!! Tried to sneak an oldie over on us, eh?
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Richard WreckdoM
Llama

Flood

Post by Richard WreckdoM »

Let the flood waters roll. If you can't beat em' join em'. I propose that this next fight is "Flood Fight." May the songfighter with the most friends win! After all, it is all about the exposure, right. I mean, I want that legitimate trophy just as much as the next fighter, but considering that the trophy is imaginary; I already have the "Most Improved" trophy and many plaques for participation all over my walls. So what if they're imaginary, they keep me company. Sooo, to reiterate, Get everyone you can to vote this week. Ask them to listen to the fight and vote for you. Unless of course, this post is offensive to the big guys, and it gets deleted, in that event, don't listen to me. I didn't know what I was talking about anyway.
jack
Stable Diffusion

Re: Flood

Post by jack »

:P
Last edited by jack on Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
joe w
A New Player

Post by joe w »

The Iron Clef -- flawless victory. I'm not surprised it won. It's a gimmick, a joke, and a damn funny one, I thought. It's hard to explain why it's funny, but it has the spirit of the old school songfights.

The Befores are awesome. I liked the production... lots of ear candy noise but still managed to rock. This might be better live... a little faster and meaner.

Hostess Mostess -- the chorus is cool. Sorta like Mouth Reliant covering Peter Gabriel.
jack
Stable Diffusion

Post by jack »

joe w wrote:The Iron Clef -- flawless victory. I'm not surprised it won. It's a gimmick, a joke, and a damn funny one, I thought. It's hard to explain why it's funny, but it has the spirit of the old school songfights.

The Befores are awesome. I liked the production... lots of ear candy noise but still managed to rock. This might be better live... a little faster and meaner.

Hostess Mostess -- the chorus is cool. Sorta like Mouth Reliant covering Peter Gabriel.
joe, i appreciate the nice words but winning this NEVER entered my mind. i knew that other people would not do 64k mono songs so it was a foregone conclusion to me that i wasn't playing to win. i was only trying to do something that could sound as un-64k mono as i could get and i opted for going all kompressor like with it, and the reason it's 1:30 is because like you said, it is a joke song. i didn't even expect to beat kompressor. i don't even think it's the best 64k mono song in this fight (future boy, fairies, and j$ are all better imho)

anyways, apologies to the really good artists in this fight.
Hi!
Richard WreckdoM
Llama

jack shite wrote:
Richard WreckdoM wrote:bullshit.....
it would not surprise me in the least if after the fightmasters look at the IP addresses for the votes cast for my song (and here's hoping they indeed do that) that you had something to do with all this.

fuck you asshole.
Wow, profanity. To say that I had something to do with your winning is pretty ridiculous. I don't see the motivation behind that. I was however, under the impression that we were here to get our music out and have a little fun at it. Lighten up. Lots of great stuff everyone, keep it coming.
Hoblit
Stable Diffusion

Post by Hoblit »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:

Blah blah blah.

Wow, you're proving to be a bigger jerk than first thought.
Hoblit
Stable Diffusion

Post by Hoblit »

Richard WreckdoM wrote:
jack shite wrote:
it would not surprise me in the least if after the fightmasters look at the IP addresses for the votes cast for my song (and here's hoping they indeed do that) that you had something to do with all this.

fuck you asshole.
Wow, profanity. To say that I had something to do with your winning is pretty ridiculous. I don't see the motivation behind that. I was however, under the impression that we were here to get our music out and have a little fun at it. Lighten up. Lots of great stuff everyone, keep it coming.
If you wanna dance around and throw all this back into our faces because you don't agree with whatever principles around here, you go right ahead. We know better.
tonetripper
Mixtral

Post by tonetripper »

Hoblit wrote:
Richard WreckdoM wrote:
jack shite wrote: it would not surprise me in the least if after the fightmasters look at the IP addresses for the votes cast for my song (and here's hoping they indeed do that) that you had something to do with all this.

fuck you asshole.
If you wanna dance around and throw all this back into our faces because you don't agree with whatever principles around here, you go right ahead. We know better.
I concur. But while were on it, remember his name is Richard Wreckdom not to be confused with Rectum which wouldn't be far off the mark in naming our dear troll. As far as the F.O. goes, that's so banal these days it's like saying Hot Chocolate Hairs of Fudge.

Maurice
Richard WreckdoM
Llama

Congratulations to the winner. I have no hard feelings. It just seems to me that every week, the winner is apologizing for winning unfairly. I say instead of counting the votes to make sure that only the loyal 85 people (give or take) are voting, we let the floodgates open. I really don't see why everyone has to jump down my throat and get all immature. I'm not trying to downplay anyone's song. I enjoy the fighting and I enjoy the competition. If I hurt anyone's feelings inadvertantly with the number of friends comment, maybe you should get out there and make some friends. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would like to see a day when the fights get hundreds of votes each. If you want to continue to call me names, go ahead, but you're only making yourself out to be the child in that event.

Contrats to Iron Clef! I was never trying to imply that you had anything to do with the flood by the way. It's just when I see this type of thing happening two weeks in a row, it gets me looking to the future.
Bjam
Grok
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I only saw last week when someone's drummer plugged them or something like that. And then this week where the person who won went "Woah, but why? My song sucked" or something like that.

Have there been any other cases of "Oh, I won, but I shouldn't have because of XY&Z."
Songfighter since back in the day.
Geoff WreckdoM
Mixtral
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

jack shite wrote:

fuck you asshole.
Whoa, so you're saying that you think we could actually get 25 people unfamiliar with songfight to hop on here and blindly vote. Not only that we COULD do that but we WOULD do that. Not only that we WOULD do that but that we'd do it for someone else, instead of ourselves, just to upset that person? Jesus dude, thats sick. Remarks that slanderous are almost like some kind of weird compliment. They are also way off base. We're not trolls. We don't friend flood. I honestly don't think we could even if we tried. Listen to our stuff, you think we're popular?!!

punks.
Hoblit
Stable Diffusion

Post by Hoblit »

as if it would actually take 25 people to give someone 25 votes. Sheesh.
jack
Stable Diffusion

Post by jack »

:P
Last edited by jack on Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!